3.27.2001

Well, March Break is over and done with. I'm in denial though (it's not the 27! it's still the 20, I swear!) and can't quite accept the fact that school is started again.

Recap of my break:

Monday and Tuesday: did nothing. Mooched around the house, slept in until 9 am (very late for me), watched movies, catched up on email stuff, pointedly ignored the physics homework I was assigned.

Wednesday and Thursday: Helped out at Teens' Conference 2001. All I have to say is..."All your base are belong to us!" I am now thouroughly sick of PowerPoint and iffy projectors.

Friday: Recuperated from TC. Agape afterwords. Remembered at the last minute that we were going to Kingston and Niagara Falls the next day. Was too tired to care.

Saturday to Tuesday: Packed last minute, drove to Kingston to visit my gor gor. His house is actually very nice (but the people renting upstairs are *ahem* somewhat prone to coming home at 5 am and his landlady is paranoid about two Christian guys getting drunk and burning down her house on St. Paddy's Day). Niagara was nice. Lots of fat Americans in tacky T-shirts and little Japanese people wandering around the hotel.

Wednesday: Unpacked. TV. "Father-Daughter day" a.k.a. ate lunch with Dad and rented two movies: Snow White (the scary 1997 version--Dad's choice) and Not One Less (Chinese movie about a substitute teacher in a country village).

Thursday and Friday: Considered doing my homework but the lure of the 8 books I borrowed from the library got to me.

Saturday: Went to Jen's house to watch movies (plural). And a hike. Through the woods. In the mud. Into a hydro field. Cold. Windy. Got to see people getg pelted by snowballs (iceballs?). Jen's snowdance worked a little....flurries here and there. Back to the house. Watched The Crow, Gladiator, X-Men and the first bit of Jen's KareKano tape (Miyazawa's insane chase scene).

Sunday: Went to church, ate lunch, slacked off.....Oh, and I finally did my homework.

No comments: