Wow. Scott McNeill sure gets around. I was looking at the CN Anime/Sci Fi Expo/Comic Con website and found him on the guest list. The guy has done voices for tons of animated series, including characters such as Rattrap (cheering) and Waspinator (more cheering) from Beast Machines, the original Piccolo from DBZ, and Duo Maxwell in Gundam Wing (not much to say here. I'm not particularly fond of the GW dubbing. Heck, I'm not fond of any English dubbing I've hear so far). He's also done voices for Reboot, the Escaflowne dub (twitching here), Mummies Alive and...G.I. Joe?
I just find it really strange, because now that I think about it, I can recognize his voice in so many of those series. And yes, I watch all, (or at least most of), those shows. Embrace the toon!
Other guests at the con include: William "The Paunch" Shatner, James Doohan, Peter Mayhew (a.k.a. Chewie), Ethan Philips (Neelix), Yumi Touma (Japanese voice actress for Ah! Megami-sama!, Lodoss and Fushigi Yuugi), and a plethora of voice actors of anime dubs (...). There will also be lots of comic book artists and writers that I've never heard of because I don't read comic books. Check out the websites here. The event is at the Metro Convention Centre, from August 24 to 26.
Sucks, though. I won't be in town that weekend. But now I know what I'm missing. :)
8.08.2001
at
9:30 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment