7.16.2002

Wired

So busy. So wired. Need break.

After finishing my summer job (packing thousands upon thousands of bowls/cups), I though I could take a bit of a break before I left for Hong Kong... I was very, extremely wrong. My godparents both came to Toronto last Wednesday for my parents' silver anniversary on Saturday, so we went out for dinner (Chinese food) every night after work. This means HK style tea. Every night. For about a week. Not that I'm complaining, but you can only handle so much caffeine in your system at a time (Gasp! Really?)

Getting ready for the anniversary also kept me busy. My aunt and my auntie (i.e. Mom's best friend) were hell-bent on giving them an anniversary they wouldn't forget. First, the lunch was held at a pretty, small-townesque inn/event...place called The Doctor's House in a little town outside of Toronto Proper (GTA). PowerPoint presentation outlining parent's courtship, two pastors pretending to be my parents (complete with falsetto voices), sappy songs, okay food, and a humidex of 34 C.

Completely forgot about HK trip and university in September. Loads to do:

  • pack for trip
  • find contact numbers in HK
  • get mom to print out Breakthrough letters at office
  • mail in preregistration form
  • remind dad to pay initial fees
  • send frosh week registration form and fee
  • complete QLINK registration
  • get paycheck
  • use paycheck to fund registrations
  • hate registrations in general
  • enjoy final moments of livable weather and drinkably water
  • change hamster bedding

No comments: