10.03.2003

Sugar high

As WND says quite often, I am in a perpetual state of sugar-induced hyperactivity. But this week I've been especially wired, to the dismay of those who live with me. This is because of two reasons:

  1. BIG SUGAR ROCKS. The concert was awesome, Gordie is cool, the Old Guy even more so. I think my hearing is finally returning, but it was worth it. They played all the best songs (Better Get Used To It, The Scene, Nicotina, Diggin' a Hole, Turn The Lights On, If I Had My Way, Red Rover, etc) and we were about 5 feet from the stage, so we had a great view of the band. Big Sugar is really overlooked in terms of concert announcements and hype because they tour so much. This is apparently the last time they'll be touring as a 5-man group (Gordie's leaving. Boo.), but none of the campus newspapers even mentioned it in the concert listings (Three Days Grace over Big Sugar? Unlikely). Oh well, it's their loss. Really an awesom, awesome show.

    Noticed:
    • Orange juice is the drink of choice when on stage
    • The SGJ made an appearance

    • The Old Guy is very very cool. And boy, can he dance.

    • Mojah is a neat name. And he has cool pants.

    • Gordie is indeed "the best-dressed rock musician in Canada." Sparkly.

    • The drummer is slightly mental. In a good way.

    • The keyboardist looks like Dan Akroyd.

    • It's very tempting to whip out the old taser on the overly-enthusiastic dancer flailing in front of you. Of course, half an hour later, I was that over-enthusiastic dancer. Oops.

    • The drummer for Bedouin Soundclash. *dimple*


    Discovered afterwards:
    • The Old Guy's name is Garry Lowe.

    • The Keyboardist's name is Kelly Hoppe.

    • I can't figure out what the drummer's name is. Sorry.

    • Gordie is a Hugo Boss model. Or at least clotheshorse.

    • They watch a lot of hockey.

    • Bedouin Soundclash will be releasing a new album soon.

  2. I have consumed roughly my own weight in French Vanilla cappuccinos.

No comments: