Happy Birthday Honest Ed!
He's 90. That's pretty old.
No big news in my life. I'm sure you've noticed by now that summer is lull-season here at non sequiter. Funny that the time of the year when I have the least to do, I fail to remember to fill my time by blogging. And then, the middle of fall term is when I fall into a blogging-frenzy, with as many as five useless, uninformative posts a day.
So...the little that has happened, I suppose I should write about, since (as Bento pointed out) my blog is her primary method of finding out what is happening in my life over the summer.
- Hong Kong '04 is officially on, in conjunction with Japan '05. I am obscenely and obsessively excited. It's the first time we'll be going as a family (plus one-- Ming's bandmate is coming with) in about 9 years. Cousin's wedding on the 27th, so we (Brother, Bandmate and I) are leaving on Christmas Eve morn (parents coming half a day later) and will be in HK over until the New Year has farted itself into existence. Brap. And then the same we will be swimming over to Japan, where Bandmate will have loads of fun keeping us siblings out of trouble and the yakuza, as he speaks Japanese and we completely don't ("Umm...Yakitori? Akihabara? Pantsu?" *SLAP*). It works out well; we'll keep the Triad at bay in the good old Fragrant Harbour.
- Work is okay. I've been filling in for one of the admins for the past two weeks while she was herding cattle in Calgary. Lots of filing, photocopying as usual, and hounding errant employees to meet their deadlines. The office also moved last Friday...down one floor. Moving your home is tough. Moving your office is like splitting the Red Sea while processing new insurance applications to boost the office's production report for the week. And damn costly. Looking at some of the invoices for new equipment nearly gave me a coronary: the phone and internet systems alone probably cost more than my entire university education and living costs while at university. Despite the half dozen movers employed for the day, somehow I managed to collect five colourful bruises on each leg (no skirts for a while). Not to mention a map of papercuts on each hand (see, moving filing cabinets with the files still in them damages the runners, so every file needs to be taken out, filed in bins, moved along with the cabinets and then put back into the cabinets in the same order). Ouch.
- I'm working backwards in time here. Okay, a flurry of social activity (well, a flurry for me) before the move. I was supposed to see The Producers, however, it's run ended early and I had to get my ticket refunded at the theater. Well, met up with Wnd, her pals Roberta and Kenny and my pal Gen (ate at Indian buffet, wandered the Eaton Centre, wiffled through a hip-hop festival, and got home at midnight. Excellent). Went to Arisu's (i.e. Alice) "Je vais travailler au dinson" get-together a few weeks ago. She and five other people went to Turkey for a month on a "cultural exchange" (see: missions trip) Lots of food, pictures and Queen's people that I didn't know in attendance. The next Saturday, went to SNA for the first time in about three years. I would classify this as "social" because there were about five hundred other people there. Anyway, gave Alice a ride home and she foisted half a cake and a bag of chips on me (leftover from Dindon party). Later, went over to casa de Alex for a movie night (well, got there late, so just one movie) . Watched Hellboy ("He likes cats") and drove home with lights on high-beam without noticing. Oops. And then finally went out for dinner and bbtea with Mindy. So yes, a social flurry. Soft-serve, of course. It was okay.
- Russel Smith is still incredibly poncy. w00t! All-you-can-eat-Japanese restaurants are the best thing since sliced bread. OMG TEH FOOD!
- Been watching some new anime (as in, still airing in Japan) via the miracle of BitTorrent and the legions of fansubbers. Recommended: Samurai Champloo and Sensei no Ojikan. Also, I continue to plug YKK. Read it! It will make you happy, DAMMIT! ...I am geek! Hear me go narf! NARF!
- Oh, and Return To Sender is very good.
No comments:
Post a Comment