7.18.2001

Goofy grin. Good concert. July 17th. One Wild Night Tour. Molson Amp. Apart from the fact that Jon and Co. were mere specks on stage, and that several people around us were smoking pot, it was a great show. Lots of old songs, from older records: Lay Your Hands On Me, I'll Be There For You, Prayer, etc. I forget the order. Darn darn darn. Other songs played: Captain Crash, One Wild Night (of course), It's My Life, Just Older (mid-life crisis song!), Bed Of Roses (le sigh...), Dead or Alive, Wild in the Streets, You Give Love A Bad Name, Bad Medicine, Keep the Faith, I Got the Girl, and-- and...I forget what else. I'm sure my brother remembers.

According to said brother, their fashion sense has improved. No white "lab coat" for Richie this time. Dave seems to have a penchant for sparkly-type shirts. Tico looked spiffy, as ever. And as for Jon... I don't know what was better, the sexy pleather suit and cowboy hat or the spiffy Sopranos baseball shirt and rainbow coloured toque. Tough decision. He's a sweet talker, that one. After dancing with a Toronto lass during 'Bed of Roses': "Are all the girls in Canada this sweet?" Tee hee. And no, I am not smitten. ^_^

Another downer: most of the songs sounded exactly the same as on the CD's. The Toronto Star review complained that it was emotionally one-dimensional and that no one recognized the songs until the chorus came up. Stoopid man. If you actually listened to the albums before you went you would have recognized them.

Encore: Out comes the toque. I actually like the encore better than the concert (well, almost). Songs: Twist and Shout :), that spiffy Tequila song and Someday I'll Be Saturday Night. Hee hee. Incidentally, that's my current favourite (Bon Jovi) song, so I was happy.

And the best part is, apparently they're working on another new album, which means another tour... hee hee hee. Can't wait.

No comments: