7.01.2001

Happy Canada Day!!



Celebrated Canada's 134th birthday by sleeping in, watching Unbreakable, eating lots of cake-mix cake, and laughing hysterically at Rick Mercer's "Talking to Americans" (This Hour Has 22 Minutes Special). Incase you don't know, the show is a part of a Canadian comedy television show. Rick Mercer approaches Americans in various cities, telling them rediculous things about Canada. Here are some highlights:

"Congratulations, Canada, on making Beaver Balls your national dish!"

"Did you hear? Our Prime Minister, Tim Horton, just got a double-double."

"(Canadian) Prime Minister Jean Poutine, who said that he wouldn't endorse any candidate, said that you look like the man who should lead the free world into the 21st century. So what do you think about that? How is his endorsement?"

Dubya's response: "I appreciate his strong statement. He understands, I believe, in free trade. He understands I want to make sure our relations with our most important nation, our neighbours to the north, the Canadians, is strong, and we'll work closely together."

"Congratulations Canada, our Eskimo neighbours to the South, on your new Mount Mulroneyuk."

"Congratulations Canada on preserving your national igloo."

No comments: