9.08.2001

Mosquitos and black flies and bear(s), oh my! Have been back from trip for a week now, but have been too busy to write about it (mumbleSchoolmumble). The whole "I'm going to keep a daily journal and write in it religiously and record every single event thereby preserving it's memory forever and ever" plan didn't work. For one thing, was too busy and tired to even remember that the thang even existed. I did write in it for the middle 4 days, but then forgot.

After spending a day travelling (Toronto to Seattle, wait 3 hours, Seattle to Juneau), we arrived in the capital of Alaska. Very cold. And wet. And...small? We only spent a day there, so I can't say much. Briefing session at night, met all the other people on the trip and the trip leader. Most people were American, one other family from T.O. and a very spiffy lady from England (Baw-th, not Bah-th).

Left the next day. We were flown in a tiny, wobbly, woozyness-inducing 8 person plane to a little airstrip. Ate sandwhiches in the rain.

To be continued. I have to eat dinner now.

No comments: