2004 Year in review
1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before?
Went to the Brew Pub, a homecoming kegger and took the RTS. Very university-cliche.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Ha, I didn't make any. I never remember them when I do make resolutions, so I prolly won't.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nope.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Jen's mummy.
5. What countries did you visit?
Canada. Soon to include Hong Kong, China.
6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
A better head-state, plan for future after graduation, the ability to cook.
7. What dates from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
December 10, last exam. I have a bad memory for dates.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Ate entire spaghetti meal without splattering self. Kept number of classes skipped to an astonishingly low count of 6. Able to reconcile conscience with not going to fellowship (this makes me a "bad person").
9. What was your biggest failure?
Skipped 6 classes.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Allergies and such, but nothing major.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
New monitor :)
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
The guinea pig is much less afraid of us now.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Someone who has been treating others very poorly. Also my dad.
14. Where did most of your money go?
*shakes fist at the money-grubbing bastards at Queen's*
*nods towards slumlord Bri-Bri*
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Moving into new apartment, going to HK and Japan this Christmas.
16. What songs will always remind you of 2004?
The Cranberries - "Twenty-one"
Paloalto - "Breathe In"
Girls - "Death in Vegas"
Maroon 5 - "She Will Be Loved"
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier
b) thinner or fatter? Thinner (not enough snacking)
c) richer or poorer? Poorer
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Reading. Have not read nearly enough books this year compared to the last.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Watching TV. But the evil box can be so bewitchingly tempting.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Attending cousin's wedding, meeting up with legions of relatives and shopping in HK.
22. Did you fall in love in 2004?
Not really.
23. How many one-night stands?
None.
24. What was your favourite TV program?
Scrubs
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I've lost respect for some people but that's about it.
26. What was the best book you read?
New ones? I don't remember. The Curious Incident of the Dog at Nighttime? Certainly not Knocked Up by Airhead-Canadian-"Journalist". Old ones: Herriot books.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Soundtracks for Garden State, Lost in Translation and Bleach.
28. What did you want and get?
A bathrobe.
29. What did you want and not get?
Interesting courses in school.
30. What were your favorite films of this year?
The Incredibles, Master & Commander (2003?), and others that I can't remember.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
See birthday post. I got rid of a lot of clothes, acquired a lot of new clothes, ate nachos and cake, and was a lazy arse.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If my profs were not all immeasureably exasperating (except for my stats prof, who is the nicest, most grandpa-ish prof ever).
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
Umm. Dark jeans of leggyness, more grown-up shirts (less sweatshirts). Fuzzy everything.
34. What kept you sane?
My housemates and freshly brewed tea. Also the crossword puzzle.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Colin Farrell. I know he's a dirty boy-slut but he's remarkably cute.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The election; first time I voted.
37. Who did you miss?
My highschool buddies.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
I stuck with my boring old people this year. They're all great. Well, there's always the confused Danish (Netherland...ian?) student who, upon learning I was in CompSci, informed me that at home, the ratio of males to females was about 10 to one and that it's much more even over here.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004:
People are often (but not always) bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings. I wonder sometimes if I should take this as the null hypothesis.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"Taking off in circlesPaloalto - "Breathe In". Confusing but inspiring.
Wondering if it's worth it
You're innocent and ignored
But this main line system
Has a glitch in it
It's ignorance has been shown
When you realize it's paid for
Wondering where the story's gone
It's how do you feel
It's how do you feel suffocated
Breathe in
Breathe in
Breathe in
Look what's all around you"
No comments:
Post a Comment