Hippity hop to the shopping...shop
Well, we're off tomorrow morning at the crack of dawn. Flight leaves at 9.45 am, so we have to be there at 6.45 am, ye gods. I looked up the plane we're flying on, and apparently all seats (including "Hospitality class" i.e. the class formerly known as "Economy" but more aptly described as "Humanity in a tin can") will have individual screens for movies and such. Excellent.
Yesterday was SoleDrive's CD release party for The Orange EP. Tons of fruit sliced up and two army-sized platters full of pineapple and sausages shipped over to the Japanese Cultural Centre. I got pineapple juice dripped on me though (boo). A good turnout; I got my CD signed by everyone, including my brother (ha ha).
Today was last minute packing, followed by dinner at, ironically, the all-you-can-eat "Japanese" food restaurant. It's run by Chinese people, hence the quotation marks. But then again, all the Japanese restaurants I've been to aren't owned by Japanese people (except one). And I say "ironically" because in about a week and a half, we'll be eating nothing but Japanese food until we go home. Are we all on the same page now? Good. Jiggy schnitzel, onwards! ("Buh." "That isn't even a word!" "Jinga." "Good night, Homer.")
It's currently a balmy 19 degrees Celsius in Hong Kong and -15 Celsius in Toronto. To top it off, southern Ontario just got blasted with a good old fashioned winter storm. Snow, freezing rain, the works (the car turned into an ice cube). I'm not looking forward to the flight (15 hours, at least it's direct) but I can't wait to touch down. Here's our itinerary: Dec. 25th to Jan. 3rd (Hong Kong) - Consumerism (and a wedding), Jan. 3rd to Dec. 9th (Tokyo) - Culture (and yet more Consumerism).
All in temperatures above 0 Celsius. Mmmm....
12.23.2004
at
10:06 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment