31 minutes remaining
Okay I'm in the Castle (well, Bader Hall, really) and I have 31 minutes left on the laptop battery before it dies on me. Will buy a plug adaptor with three frigging prongs tomorrow, if the Castle Shop is open.
A few things:
- rural England looks a lot like rural Canada, only more gentle (read: wimpy, ha ha). Just kidding. Lot of dainty little shrubs and trees. More intense greens. Sheep everywhere, perched on the green between highway lanes, looking like bemused cotton balls chewing cud. Baaaa...
- the first Briton I saw coming off the plane was standing at the exit from the connecting corridor. He looked like Prince Charles, craggy nose and all. Also horrifying teeth. Perfect!
- day one: one fire alarm caused by a 110 volt hair curler with 230 volts running through it until the whole thing melted. Whoo!
- there are about thirty cows in the little pasture about twenty metres from my window. They moo in an amusing manner. Moo.
4.30.2005
at
12:20 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment