4.01.2005

It's SPRING!

But true to form, our good old Ontary-ary-ario climate is throwing a nice little winter storm at us. Wet snow, heavy rain, gusting up to 80 km, the whole shebang. I don't mind so much...but I'm sure the people who were already wearing shorts and flip-flops will be a little upset.

Easter last weekend; I went to church with Anne, who punched me the instant she saw me T_T most likely because I haven't been to Bethel in weeks. But it was the first time in a long time that I found the service meaningful. It can be really easy to tune out any service when you've grown up in the church ("....Easter...sacriment...blood....oh yeah, and SACRIFICE..."), but this service really struck home for some reason. Yay Bethel! Now if only I would go back to fellowship, become a first-class pianist, join the worship team, and convert all my pagan friends my mother would be perfectly happy.

This year's Easter treats: Sunday service, "Milk chocolate flavoured Easter candies" and acceptance for the Spring term at the Castle! EXCLAMATION POINT!!!



Will be studying Art History, British Studies I and British History Since 1850 at Herstmonceaux Castle in England. The ISC office sent me an amusing student handbook along with the other paperwork; it included a list of approximate sundries costs (one load of laundry for 2 pounds = almost CAN$5) and a handy guide to English slang ("Chuffed" = Pleased, "Inverted commas" = Quotation marks, "Rubber" = ....eraser). V excited but I forget I'm going sometimes.

More randomosity -- Songs that are furiously infectious:
     Feist - Mushaboom
     Jack Johnson - Banana Pancakes
     Aqualung - Brighter Than Sunshine
     The opening song to Dead Like Me

And, last but most certainly not least, Bento is the bestest housemate evar. She brought us SPÖKAs from Ikea. From left to right, mine, Bento's and Wnd's:

No comments: