10.06.2007

Since everyone else is doing it...



How about a list of faults too...pig-headed, passive-aggressive, neurotic and indecisive. Welcome Thalius, Ross Geller of the Daemon world.

I remember plowing through the Dark Materials trilogy when I was at Herstmonceux in 2005, but I read the books so quickly that I didn't remember the details very well. And then I heard about The Golden Compass movie, and thought 'Sounds interesting...reminds me of that book with the polar bear.' A quick Google search and voila, they're one and the same. Dur Liane, dur...

Lunch tomorrow with Gen and Jen and Tiff (yay!) at the Beer Bistro, and then the baby shower for Ming and Katie! A day of getting smashed and then reveling in pink and blue glory (and by glory I mean crepe paper).

1 comment:

bento said...

oooh -- baby shower! I want a niece/nephew too. Although seeing as how my sister-in-law's in Ethiopia right now, the chances of that are zip to nil...

Good luck getting the parachute to open and yes, I did get you phone message via Dad. Will call you soon.

(PS -- re. golden compass, I did the same "hey, that's the girl with the polar bear" thing, only in reverse since I saw a big poster for it in Japan which I couldn't read.)