So my ex-employer (that paragon of corporate virtue, Nova) is in the hole. Instructor and staff pay alike were late last month. Heard rumors ranging from mass walkouts by branch managers/bigwig staff, to closing down the Canadian and Australian recruitment offices, to the forced and sudden eviction of Nova teachers from their apartments (subleased by Nova). Guess I got out at a good time. But that manic pink rabbit still owes me money for August and I have friends still working there, so needless to say, I'm worried about the whole situation.
But nevermind that. It's gorgeous in Toronto, 24 C and sunny all week. Farewell humid, beta-beta Kumamoto summer! I wish I had left a little later, so that I could be there for fall and winter again.
10.01.2007
How about that Usagi, eh
at
8:22 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
watashi mo!!!!! I'm really worried about everyone. I haven't been paid for August either. It feels weird to be here, lazying away my entire day and not doing anything while my friends/coworkers jobs are at stake. I really did enjoy working for NOVA. I didn't mind jumping like a kangaroo at all. though, if I stayed, I bet I would have been one of those evicted people. Man I miss Japan. I miss the high fashion dressed ladies and super metro men. That's why Hanakimi was awesome. I sense your happy pink aura!
I need to catch up on HanaKimi, I stopped watching it when I got back to Toronto.
I do miss my students, even (especially?) my kids...cho kawaii! I'm staying in touch with a few of my students, but there are a lot that I would feel weird emailing (like those funny middle-aged guys).
What are you doing now?
Hanakimi is cho omoshiroi. There is this one part in ep 11, I laughed so hard. Though all the Nakatsu parts are so funny. Toma's facial expressions are gold.
yeah I miss my kids. Cho kawaii. It's hard to keep in touch though I find. I'm trying to keep in touch with my staff and students. Though, with nothing going on in my life, there's really nothing to talk about.
Post a Comment