Double gold in hockey! Both the Canadian hockey teams have won the gold! Both finals were great, especially the womens' game: 8 Canadian penalties in a row. 13 in all; that was almost half an hour of powerplay for the American team! Yet, they only scored one powerplay goal. I went over to my aunt's house to watch the mens' final. By the third period, we were both on the verge of having a heart attack everytime the puck got too close to the Canadian net (final score: 5 to 2). Go Canada, go!
The Closing Ceremony just finished (Bon Jovi and Moby performed...very happy). I wish it wasn't over... doping/judging scandals aside, this was a great Olympics. I think it's because it's the first one that I actually took a serious interest in (see: becoming obsessively patriotic for 17 days). Can't wait until 2004...
2.24.2002
at
11:53 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment