3.09.2004

"A ridiculous quantity of notes."

That's just a phrase by Don Ross quoted in an article in the Queen's Journal that I think is really funny, and very accurate. When he plays, he leaves you with a ridiculous quantity of notes.

Anyhoo.

Continuing in the sluggish existance that I've found myself in for most of the winter term so far. However, the weather is getting warmer, the snow is almost all melted, and I've gradually become less lethargic. Wow, this term has been really...depressing; loads of work and cold besides. Thus the lack of updates.

But now that I'm thawing out and experiencing a brief respite from my computing courses, I'm ready to update this thing. Here we go.

Home stuff: Engagement dinner went along fine; tons of people, tons of coats. People very impressed by the devotion of the siblings pressed into service by their oldest brother/sister (respectively). No, really it was neat. Basement all dark and 'cool' (Ho-Ming's "Ten-Forward" theme... Such a geek), way too much food left over.

Pals: Finally got together with the G/Jens and Tiff: dinner at Chopstix downtown (sort of like Zyng, but cheaper and better and yuppier) and then dessert at Milestone's near the Chum building (saw Rick Campanelli inside Much and also Mark Daly leaving in one of those CityTV Jeeps. You know, the Dilbertish-guy with the really deep voice that does the news. And the CityTV movie commercial voiceovers. See, I knew you'd recognize him.

Queensing: Blah blah blah homework blah blah donate money blah blah student centre blah.

"Hoosing": As you should know by know, it is mine and Wnd's ambition (grammar?) to degrade our speech to the point where we can no longer be understood by anyone outside of our immediate household. (Lydia should consider herself lucky that we actually stop in the middle of a conversation to explain new terms to her.) "Hoosing" is one such term. So are "HOOJ", "chudoin", "frickitive" and "muhar". I'll leave it to you to figure them out. This will not help. Sorry.

"Housing": Is what "hoosing" means. We (Lydia, Wnd, and I) have found a new apartment, a nice roomy three-person on Princess, downtown Kingston. We'll be even closer to a Shopper's next year. Muhar. Ten foot ceilings, a HOOJ kitchen, and another Scary Alleyway of Doom(TM).

No comments: